Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Easter Bunny

Yesterday my friends were having a party at their house in Salt Lake City, and a baby wild Cottontail rabbit was found laying on it's side in the middle of the driveway. They brought the rabbit in the house, trying to warm it. They also tried feeding it kitten formula, but the rabbit wouldn't drink it. Then a rabbit breeder's daughter (me) showed up to the party. I then took the rabbit to my parent's house, 35 minutes away, to have my father take a look at it and to get rabbit food and wood-chips. The rabbit rode the whole way to my parent's house in the console of my car on a heated corn-bag.


After getting the rabbit situated in nice cozy box with wood-chips and a bag of rabbit food in hand, I headed back up to the party.

When I reached the party, I picked up the rabbit to show people, and I found the rabbit to be dead :(. So my friends at the party had a little funeral for it in the back yard and named it "The Easter Bunny."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DOH! I didn't expect that ending! I wanted to get bunnies for the kids this year -- Eric has seen enough of your dad's stuff that he knows he's not *quite* ready to invest the time. Maybe next year?